IT Administrators (Ref: IT/9/2013)
Self-motivated individual situated in Nicosia, required to run busy IT department, this is a varied office based role whereby it is required to support a growing base of users, including the support and maintenance of server and desktop infrastructure. The ideal candidate has to possess strong innovative and problem solving skills and will have to work efficiently under high pressure. The role will additionally require the management of IT projects to meet strict deadlines.
Required technical skills (not limited to):
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Active Directory + Group Policies (Server 2003 and higher)
- Exchange Server 2003 and higher
- Windows 2008 Server
- Knowledge of Cisco Routers, VPNs, Firewalls, Switches, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Telephony
- Microsoft Networking and Security
- Desktop Builds (Virtual - Physical)
- Backup Exec Software
- VMW are ESX Virtualisation
- 3 years or more experience working as an IT Manager, Network Administrator or similar role is essential.
- MUST be prepared to do desk-level PC support.
- Excellent knowledge in Web Design / development
- Any other technical skills will be considered as an advantage
Daily basis work
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer and software issues reported to the Service Desk
- Update network applications as required
- Maintain daily tape backup and off site tape storage
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Conduct technology training for new users
- Create emails – virtual users
- Provide support to the Technology team
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity
- Assist in the development of training coursework and materials
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current
- Comply with continuing education requirements
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non -authorized software
- Complete special projects as requested
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.